Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Planting!!


Finally I have planted some of my seeds! On Saturday, I went to my mentor's house and we planted seeds. I planted both lettuces, kale, tomatoes, and basil. On Monday morning, I woke up and looked at my plants. I had two sprouts! Even though they were very tiny, they were still there! I was so excited! Right now as I write this I have about six tiny sprouts. Most of them are lettuce. So far, none of the basil or the tomatoes have sprouted. I think they will soon!

Three other little girls planted seeds on Saturday. My mentor's two daughters and one of their friends. I wonder if any of their plants have popped through their blanket of soil. It's good to see younger children interested in organic gardening!

3 comments:

  1. I agree, it is GREAT to have young children interested in gardening.....and I am so happy to see the seeds sprouting bringing Spring to life in our dining room, M

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have kale sprouts too! It was fun planting seeds with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we come help you plant in your new garden? I really like being a gardener with you...

    ReplyDelete