Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Planting! Too early?



On Sunday May 31, Suzanne and I finished planting all of the plants.
We had a great time!
My mom was sort of mad at me because i was wearing new clothes!
Suzanne and I traded some plants. She gave me some cucs, and I gave her some marigolds.
So far the garden looks great!






The next night, June 1 (my birthday!) we found out that there was a frost warning.
What to do next?
At 10:00 pm, my mom and I went outside and covered both beds with sheets.
Our two main concerns where the tomatoes and the peppers. But really, frost on June 1! That's not right! Last night the low was 49 degrees, so we decided that that wouldn't be a problem. I learned that you have to be careful about when you plant your plants! Even in June, you have to watch out for frost.


1 comment:

  1. First things first, about the new clothes: A gardener has got to look good out there! It inspires the plants. And, about the frost, that was a rotten birthday present. I'm glad you tucked them all into their beds for a cozy night! My tomatoes are still not in. The cold nights are making me skittish.

    ReplyDelete